Fabulous 4th



(Renaldo Barnette illustration of Michele Obama for Kai Milla, and sketchbook illustration.)
I hope everyone is enjoying a long weekend of barbecuing, fireworks, and sinking your toes in the sand. But just in case your stuck indoors and happen to be looking for some fashion inspiration on this fine holiday I pulled a few illustrations from some of my favorite designers.
(Bob Mackie costume illustrations for Cher and Pink.)
See, you can be fabulously patriotic sporting red, white and blue and not look like a walking American flag! Happy 4th of July to all my fellow Americans.
(Audrey Schilt fashion illustrations for Ralph Lauren Collection.)

Leave a Comment

Anonymous said...

Love the illustrations... stripes seem to be a must wear this fourth of a July season!

I Turner said...

I love the gorgeous A line white skirt! Stripes always look so stylish when you wear them during summer

Brooke Hagel said...

I completely agree! I actually wore a blue and white striped dress yesterday after writing this post. :)

Heather said...

Hi,
I just found your blog...somehow on the blogosphere...I love your illustrations! I have always wanted to take a fashion illustration course...your little tips throughout are fab! I am definitely adding you to my favorites!
Heather

Anonymous said...

missing your updates!

Brooke Hagel said...

Sorry the updates have been few and far between, it was a crazy summer. I'm back on point now. :)