Gwen: New Bride Print



Meet Gwen, the newest addition to Brooklit Bride, my shop of bridal fashion illustrations. A few short weeks ago I was introduced to Pinterest and have since dove right into finding inspiration for DYIs, my dream house, fashion looks I love and future sketch ideas. This one, is the first of what I hope will be many. I've named her Gwen.
I've never drawn a back view without showing at least a profile or turned face, but something about this photo inspired me to give it a try. I found this beautiful photo yesterday, "pinned it," then kept going back to it until I decided I had to try to draw her. I love the oversized knot, the luxurious big skirt, and her soft blond hair pulled off to the side.

After some backtracking and investigating I learned that the image is from London's leading couture bridal designer Phillipa Lepley. I wasn't familiar with her so its been a pleasure to poke around and read up on her and her breathtaking work. (Besides Lepleys site, you can read an interview with the designer here.)
Click here to purchase this print of my Gwen illustration, or here to follow me and my pins on my new favorite obsession, Pinterest. (Picture frame by Pottery Barn and wallpaper by Graham & Brown.)

Leave a Comment

Sonishka: Far and Away said...

Pretty illustration as are the other sketches. How awesome do you find Pinterest? when I joined I was pinning like there s not tomorrow haha!

Brooke Hagel said...

Thanks Sonishka! Yeah, I love it. Its so much easier that pulling images and saving them in different files on my computer.

Andy said...

clothing is very beautiful & elegant

Chelsea said...

Beautiful! I have lately become obsessed with Pinterest as well :3

Joanna Baker said...

So pretty, Brooke! Pinterest is addicting, I'll be following your pins from now on =)

Caroline Fricker said...

This is a stunning illustration! Phillipa Lepley is fantastic designer, I am also a wedding dress designer make sure to have a look at my blog!

www.carolinefricker.blogspot.com