Inspired Weekend, Forth of July



My summer's off to a great start, after an incredible week in Spain celebrating my friend Will Taylor's wedding I came home just in time for July 4th celebrations including barbecues, bookends, bikinis and brushes. Yes, todays Inspired Weekend post is coming at you two days late, but better late than never right?!

1 & 2. This year I enjoyed the Macy's fireworks from a downtown rooftop with friends and family and thought what better hostess gift to bring with me to a July 4th BBQ than a bottle of Sociologie's Blushing Rosé Sangria adorned with my fashion illustration? It was certainly a hit and reminds me that I need to order more of these pretty bottles immediately.

3. Stocked up on my favorite Brooklit appropriate "B" bookends from Ikea on a spontaneous little drive out to Brooklyn to see a friends new apartment.

4. Sketched my friend, fashion and interiors blogger Arianna Trapani in my favorite look of her from our time in the Balearic Islands last week. I love her bikini and oversized beach hat look so much I couldn't resist drawing and have added the print to the shop!

5. When I travel I always try and stop into markets and house ware shops. I picked up these horse hair watercolor brushes in Madrid and was excited to break them in this weekend.

6. For a bright pop of color for the holiday weekend I gave myself a fresh mani using Essie's Capri, then to add a little sparkle for the 4th painted one accent finger with a topcoat of OPI's Only Gold For Me.

Leave a Comment